Calls, cards & letters during the time of COVID-19
Letter writing tips
This is a challenging time to have in-person visits with elected officials.
Calls and letters are more important than ever!
(1) There is no perfect way to write a letter!
(2) Sharing your opinions is important. Your legislators need to know what is important to their constituents.
(3) Find contact information for your elected officials
(4) Keep it simple and to the point. Your letter doesn't need to be long, it just needs to clearly state your priorities and politely ask them to take action.
(5) The legislative process is unpredictable. If you want your voice to be heard before a decision is made, send your message quickly.
Who should hear from you?
(1) Your State Senator
(2) Your State Representative
(3) Governor Charlie Baker: email@example.com
(4) The co-chairs of the Joint Committee on the Judiciary:
(5) Your local newspaper
(5) Your friends!
Where can you find contact information?
Contact information for your elected officials